Dr. Radhika Venkatesan
Please visit Lab Website for more details.
Chemical Ecology of Plant Interactions
Broadly, the following research topics are addressed:
1. Identification of chemical compounds involved in plant interactions
2. Regulation of plant defences by the phytohormonal network
3. Changes in plant responses with varying environment
4. Detoxification mechanisms in insects adapted to plant secondary metabolites
5. Role of endosymbionts in insect adaptations
6. Heavy-metal tolerance in plants.
7. Early signaling events during plant-insect interactions.