BLiSC Animal Care and Resource Center (ACRC) - Services
1) ANIMAL CARE FACILITY services: (corresponding daily ACF service and vivarium housing FEES charged to internal users can be found -> 2020-2021 fees will be posted here soon- )
- Daily animal inspection/monitoring and husbandry services (Daily cage checking, watering/feeding, week-end and holiday care, sterilization of incoming materials & equipment...)
- Breeding and maintenance of rodent animals in different SPF and ABSL levels depending on project requirements.
- Veterinary medical care, preventive medicine, post-operative care and animal health pathogen monitoring (done quarterly for High Barrier Specific Pathogen Free (SPF1) animals.
- User Training & help in specific requested animal surgeries or procedures
- User Training on animal handling and restraining
- User Training and guidance on animal identification methods
- User Training & help on various routes of drug / bio-substance administration
- User Training & help on tail biopsy for PCR based genotyping
- Blood collection and methods of blood sampling
- User Training and guidance on methods of anesthesia / pain assessment / pain relief
- User Training and guidance on methods of ethical animal euthanasia
- User guidance & help in designing optimal breeding strategies and adaptive colony management techniques
- Providing information & awareness on the different animal strain bio-specifics
- Help in setting up crosses, monitoring pregnancies, and recording births
- Providing users with animals from specific nucleus stock strains maintained at the facility
- Help in animal imports, exports to collaborators and IAEC project proposal procedures
- Monthly billing of AF usage.
- Record keeping: Form B, Form C and Form D as per CPCSEA guidelines
- Providing access to ACoMaS (Animal Colony Management System):
a barcoded multi-database system to track and monitor rodent cages, animals & CryoBank stocks in order to help users and facility in various aspects of animal colony and facility management.
2) MOUSE GENOME ENGINEERING FACILITY services: -> MGEF service fees can be found ->> (2020-2021 fees will be posted here soon )
Currently available services:
- Help in strategic experimental design for mouse Transgenesis / Knock-In / Knock-Out (KO & cKO).
- Pronuclear and/or cytoplasmic microinjections in fertilized mouse oocytes.
- The facility can inject various types of constructs including: BACs, plasmids, CRISPR/cas, TALENs...
- Harvesting of mouse oocytes , blastocysts, other preimplantation embryos
- Embryo transfer into pseudo-pregnant females & rederivation of mouse lines.
The facility offers both Infundibulum/oviduct and uterine embryo transfer depending on project specifics
- Final gel purification of the “micro-injection solutions”
- Sperm cryopreservation / cryo-recovery
- IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)
- Embryo cryopreservation / cryo-recovery
- Training and workshops on all the above mentioned techniques....please visit our <workshop page>
- molecular biology / genome engineering construct design and validation
Future Planned MGEF services:
- mES cell gene editing and microinjections
- genetic monitoring
- ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection)
- ovary transplantation
- Rat trangenesis and Rat IVF