Dr. Sandeep Krishna - Research
I'm a theoretical physicist currently working on a number of topics:
- Conflict and cooperation in cellular populations
- Computation using active cellular processes
- Coarse-graining biological networks
- Feedback control in cellular regulatory networks
- Oscillations, synchronization and entrainment
- Games involving cooperation, bluffing and information exchange
Some recent publications:
S Heilmann, S Krishna, B Kerr (2015) Why do bacteria regulate public goods by quorum sensing? Front. Microbiol. 6, 767.
Hansen, S., Krishna, S., Semsey, S. and Lo Svenningsen, S. (2015). Effects of Four Different Regulatory Mechanisms on the Dynamics of Gene Regulatory Cascades. Sci. Rep. 5, 12186.
Sneppen, K., Semsey, S., Seshasayee, A.S.N. and Krishna, S. (2015). Restriction modification systems as engines of diversity. Front. Microbiol. 6, 528.
Hao, N., Krishna, S., Ahlgren-Berg, A., Cutts, E. E., Shearwin, K. E., Dodd, I. B (2014) Road rules for traffic on dna -- systematic analysis of transcriptional roadblocking in vivo, Nucl. Acids Res., in press.
Semsey, S., Pedersen, L. J., Csiszovszki, Z., Erdossy, J., Steger, V., Hansen, S., Krishna, S. (2013) The effect of laci autoregulation on the performance of the lactose utilization system in escherichia coli, Nucl. Acids Res. 41, 6381-6390.