The IXth Bangalore Microscopy Course will be organized at the National Centre for Biological Sciences, NCBS, Bangalore, India during 17-24 September 2017. Taught by world leaders in biological microscopy, this course provides didactic and hands-on training in state-of-the-art optical microscopy techniques. A range of topics from basic microscopy to super-resolution imaging will be covered. Research seminars detailing applications of light microscopy to address specific biological questions will also be part of the program.
Lectures will be combined with hands-on training in a dedicated teaching laboratory equipped with many state-of-the-art microscopes. The final two days of the course will give the participants an opportunity to do independent work or a mini-project.
Satyajit Mayor, H. Krishnamurthy : NCBS, India
Manoj V Mathew : C-CAMP, India
Ron Vale, Nico Stuurman : UCSF, USA
Sangeeta Nath: inStem, India
Rahul Roy, Indian Institute of Science, India
• Satyajit Mayor, National Centre for Biological Sciences, India
• Clare M. Waterman, NHLBI, USA
• Jennifer Ross, UMass Amherst, USA
• Andreas Schönle, Abberior Instruments, Germany
• Christian Tischer, EMBL, Germany
• Rahul Roy, Indian Institute of Science, India
• Sudipta Maiti, Tata Institute for Fundamental Research, India
• Stephen Ross, Nikon Instruments Inc., USA
• Takahiro Fujiwara, Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences (iCeMS), Kyoto University, Japan