Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs. The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), a Centre of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, is looking for an appointment of Media Relations and Social Media officer on a Contract basis.
Roles and responsibilities
NCBS carries out cutting edge fundamental research across a spectrum of topics in the biological sciences ranging from studies of biomedical research to ecology, evolution, and biodiversity. We are looking for a Media Relations and Social Media officer to help showcase the science carried out on our campus through both traditional media channels as well as modern social media platforms. Producing content for NCBS social media and engaging with our online community. The successful candidate will be expected to assist with the following activities:
- Writing/Editing Press Releases
- Building press relations
- Evaluating our social media outputs and outcomes
- Monitoring feedback and incorporating improvements in the existing programme
- Announcing achievements (papers, awards etc.)
- Organising social media engagement events like Tweetathons or LIVE interactions
- Event coverage
- Internal campus events
- Reports & other admin work (with other members of the team)
- |Special emphasis on institutional flagship programs.
Essential Qualification and Experiences
- Master’s Degree in Mass Communication or Science Communication (with an aggregate of 60% marks)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in handling an institution or organization social media platforms
- Proven track record of working with media/journalists
- Experience of writing press releases
- Knowledge of using analytical tools of social media platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (in English), with proven ability to write and copy-edit different types of content for a diverse audience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent organisational, timekeeping and prioritisation skills
- Capacity to manage different projects simultaneously
Skills & experiences required (Desirable)
- Master’s degree in science, with an interest in the life sciences
- Basic knowledge of Kannada
- Basic knowledge of using Canva/Photoshop
What can we offer you?
- Work with a great team, open to constructive discussions
- Engage directly with one of the finest research labs and facilities
- An excellent and green work environment on our campus, with access to recreational activities, including pool, gym, sports complex and library.
No of position: One
Age limit: - Maximum 28 years as on 1.1.2023
Salary : Salary will be commensurate based on experience, skills, education etc.
The Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 10th April 2023
General Information :
1. The appointment to the above posts shall be made on a contract basis initially for a period of six (6) months from the date of joining. The tenure may be extended further up to One (1) year depending upon the performance & requirement.
2. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for recruitment.
3. The Selection process shall involve two-stage i.e., a Preliminary Interview and the Main Interview. The Main Interview shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the Preliminary Interview. Any change in the recruitment process will be intimated to the candidates in advance. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
4. Prescribed age should not exceed as of 1st January 2023 for the above post.
5. Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per extant TIFR are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation to Head, Administration & Finance, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065.
6. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
7. Government strives to have a work force which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
The prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_application.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Head, Administration & Finance