Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs. The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) is a Centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is looking for an appointment for the following position on a permanent basis
1) Administrative Officer 'C' (Unreserved)
Qualification & Experience:
1) Graduate from a recognised University/Institute with an aggregate of 60% marks.
2) Diploma/Degree/Certificate course in Management or Administration from a recognised University/Institute.
3) Proficiency in the use of personal computers and applications.
4) 5 years of service in Level 6 and /or Level 7 and /or Level 8 or with equivalent TME (total monthly emolument)
1) Degree in Law from a recognised University
2) MBA in Personnel Management.
3) Experience of working in a Research/Academic/ Government Institution and dealing with Administrative and establishment matters viz. Government of India Rules & procedures and its application in respect of establishment and service matters. The candidate should be able to run a responsible administration while ensuring speed, quality and attention to detail.
4) Managing of Contract for Services, knowledge of labour laws etc.
Level in Pay Matrix: Level 10 (stage-1) Basic Pay: 56,100/- + allowances as per Central Government norms.
No. of position: One
Age limit: Maximum 40 years (as of 1.1.2022)
Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 7th May 2022
General Information :
1. The appointment to the above posts shall be made with probation of one (1) year from the date of joining. After the closure of the probationary period, a continuing appointment shall be given subject to a review of performance.
2. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for the recruitment process.
3. The Selection process shall involve two-stage i.e., a Written Test/Preliminary Interview and the Main Interview. The Main Interview shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the Written Test/Preliminary Interview. Any change in the recruitment process will be updated only in the NCBS job portal from time to time. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
4. The posts are tenable at Bangalore but are liable to be transferred if the need arises to the Institute’s headquarters or other Centres and Field Stations.
5. If you are working in a Govt./ Semi Govt. /Public Sector undertaking and your application have not been forwarded through the proper channel, you are required to bring a No Objection Certificate from your present employer during the time of the Preliminary Interview, failing which you may not be allowed for the recruitment process.
6. Prescribed age should not exceed as of 1st January 2022 for the above posts.
7. The selected candidate for the above post will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
8. Since this position is Unreserved [SC, ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts will not be eligible for age relaxation]
9. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
10. No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the recruitment process.
11. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post must reach to Head, (A&F), National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 by 7th May 2022. The Applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope.
12. Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates as per extant rules.
The prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_application.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Head, Administration & Finance