National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) a premier research centre under the aegis of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, is looking for filling up of a post of Scientific Assistant 'B' (Lab Support) - Reserved for EWS
Essential Qualification & Experience:
i) Degree in Life Sciences (with an aggregate of 60% marks) from recognised University/Institute.
ii) Two (2) years of experience in managing Laboratory operations in any academic/Private Laboratory or any establishment where the Research & Scientific work is carried out.
iii) Knowledge of the use of personal computers and their applications.
i) Post Graduate degree in Life Sciences
ii) Knowledge in Laboratory Management.
iii) Understanding of Government rules and procedures on procurement.
Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies for the commonly used items.
Formulation of policy for various activities in the laboratory in consultation with other members of the group.
Responsible for all ordering in the department (Laboratory Support), organization of invoices and receipts, and contact with vendors.
Responsible for monitoring quality of media prepared by Laboratory kitchen staff.
Responsible for monitoring sterilized items and all other duties performed by laboratory kitchen to ensure that quality is maintained.
Responsible for safe collection, storage and disposal of laboratory wastes (Biomedical wastes) in coordination with laboratory kitchen staff and meeting statutory requirements.
Maintains laboratory equipment by developing standard operating procedure, quality standards, service and repair in coordination with-in house team.
Manage departmental budget for supplies, service contracts, and maintenance in collaboration with the department chair.
Provide support to the faculty and students in the department as and when the need arises.
Maintain inventory of commonly used gases, follow up with vendors and timely replenishment.
Pay Level and Stage: Level 6 Stage 1: Basic Pay: Rs. 35400/- + allowances as per Central Government norms.
Age limit: - 28 years (as on 1.1.2022)
No of position: One
The Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 15th April 2022
General Information :
1. Appointment for the above posts will be initially for a period of three years, including a probation period of one year. Continuing appointments beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After a successful review, the appointment is continued until the superannuation age, which is sixty.
2. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for recruitment process.
3. The Selection process shall involve two-stage i.e., Written test and interview. The Interview shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the written test. Any change in the recruitment process will be intimated to the candidates in advance. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
4. The posts are tenable at Bangalore but are liable to be transferred if the need arises to the Institute’s headquarters or other Centres and Field Stations.
5. If you are working in a Govt./ Semi Govt. /Public Sector undertaking and your application have not been forwarded through proper channel, you are required to bring a No Objection Certificate from your present employer during the time of the Written Test, failing which you may not be allowed for the recruitment process.
6. Prescribed age should not exceed as of 1st January 2022 for the above posts.
7. The selected candidate for the above post will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
8. Since this position is reserved for the EWS category. Applicants should submit the recent EWS certificate as per the format https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/EWS%20Category.pdf
9. Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per the extant rules of TIFR or GoI are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.).
10. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
11. No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the recruitment process.
12. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post must reach to Head, (A&F), National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 by 15th April 2022. The Applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope.
13. Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates as per extant rules.
Prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_application.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password, you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application, you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the ONLINE application.
Head Administration & Finance