National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) a premier research centre under the aegis of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, is looking for filling up of a Scientific Officer-C (Animal House Manager) reserved for EWS category
Essential Qualification & Experience:
i) Full-time B.V.Sc. (with an aggregate of 60% marks) from recognised University/Institute
ii) Two (2) years experience in a relevant field
iii) Proficient in using personal computers and their applications.
Desirable Qualification & Experience:
i) M.V.Sc., in Veterinary Pathology.
ii) Minimum two-years experience in maintaining barrier protected Laboratory Animal Facility with Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) health status transgenic mice colonies.
iii) Experience in histopathology, health monitoring and genetic monitoring techniques.
iv) Good Knowledge of CPCSEA guidelines.
v) Knowledge to speak in the local language.
Key responsibilities of the selected candidate:
i) Ensure that the clinical and preventive health programs developed by the chief Veterinarian (Facility in-charge) be implemented effectively in the Animal Care Facility.
ii) Able to manage, coordinate and supervise the individual job duties of a team of animal facility assistants, Kannada speaking animal caretakers and animal facility housekeeping staff.
iii) Train the new students/animal users/animal caretakers/support staff in proper care and humane handling of laboratory animals.
iv) Train research staff in aseptic and humane methods of performing surgery and restraining animals, as well as in proper pre and post-operative care of animals.
v) Personally oversee husbandry programs, assist users in their animal-related procedures like sample collection, excision of tumours, injections, methods of animal identification, euthanasia of animals, SPF health monitoring procedures, Post-mortem examination and histopathology of samples collected etc.,
vi) Should assist Facility in-Charge in the process of import and export of live laboratory animals, quarterly animal health monitoring programs (in SPF animal colonies), organizing animal ethics committee meetings and record keeping as per CPCSEA guidelines (GOI).
vii) Should be available for emergency veterinary care after work hours, on weekends, and on holidays.
No of position: One
Age limit: -Maximum 28 years (as of 1.1.2022)
Level in Pay Matrix: Level 10 (stage-1) Basic Pay: Rs. 56,100/- + allowances as per Central Government norms with applicable NPA
The Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 15th April 2022
General Information :
1. Appointment for the above posts will be initially for a period of three years, including a probation period of one year. Continuing appointments beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After a successful review, the appointment is continued until the superannuation age, which is sixty.
2. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for the recruitment process.
3. The Selection process shall involve two-stage i.e., Written Test/Preliminary Interview and Main Interview. The Main Interview shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the Written Test/Preliminary Interview. Any change in the recruitment process will be intimated to the candidates in advance. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
4. The posts are tenable at Bangalore but are liable to be transferred if the need arises to the Institute’s headquarters or other Centres and Field Stations.
5. If you are working in a Govt./ Semi Govt. /Public Sector undertaking and your application have not been forwarded through proper channel, you are required to bring a No Objection Certificate from your present employer during the time of the Written Test/Preliminary Interview, failing which you may not be allowed for the recruitment process.
6. Prescribed age should not exceed as of 1st January 2022 for the above posts.
7. The selected candidate for the above post will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
8. Since this position is reserved for the EWS category. Applicants should submit the recent EWS certificate as per the format https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/EWS%20Category.pdf
9. Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per the extant rules of TIFR or GoI are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.).
10. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
11. No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the recruitment process.
12. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post must reach to Head, (A&F), National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 by 15th April 2022. The Applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope.
13. Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates as per extant rules.
Prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_application.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password, you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application, you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the ONLINE application.
Head Administration & Finance