Appointment of Communications Officer on Contract Basis
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) a premier research centre under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, invites online applications for the post of Communication Officer (CO) at NCBS, Bangalore on a Contract basis.
The NCBS communicator will help bridge the gap between specialized science and the public, to provide a better understanding of fundamental research, curiosity-driven science, applied and solution-oriented research, and possible outcomes of all these to the public. The communications officer will actively engage in communications that will include creating, suggesting, designing, and writing articles, videos, and illustrations that help make campus research, flagship programs, and activities more accessible to the public. The NCBS communicator will also be responsible for social media posts about institutional matters.
Essential Qualification: Post Graduate in Life Science from a recognized University.
Desirable: Ph.D. in Life Sciences/ familiarity with research environments and/or Certificate/diploma course in Journalism from a recognized Institute
Experience: Minimum 2-3 years extensive writing/media experience as a Science Communicator in a Research Institute or in any reputed Organisation.
Age: Below 35 years ( as of 1.7.2021)
Salary: Consolidated Salary based on qualification & Experience.
- To prioritize, investigate, research, and write stories about science on campus. She/he will be responsible for writing stories every month. These stories will also include highlighting campus programs, campus culture, and other such content, and be targeted to the NCBS communications website. The NCBS CO will work to distribute these stories in print media through press releases.
- The NCBS CO will produce and post content on NCBS research, events, activities, awards, and other institutional material on social media and other such channels.
- The NCBS CO will work to facilitate communications services to the NCBS community. These include grant writing for communication activities, press releases, poster design, video/documentary, illustrations, and writing workshops. The Other activities will include the facilitation of an on-campus media club.
- The NCBS CO will also work to seek and explore activities that showcase or allow for high-reach and effective science communication, outreach/capacity building, and exceptional public engagement opportunities for faculty and scientists at the NCBS.
- The NCBS CO will be responsible for putting together the NCBS annual report, with discussion and directions from NCBS leadership.
- The NCBS CO will conduct the evaluation of activities, social media presence of ongoing activities, and suggest ways to bring in new stakeholders from rural India, urban professionals, high-impact individuals, and so on.
- The NCBS CO will work with the BLiSC communications team for campus-wide outreach and public engagement events including open day, Science Café, and campus visits and tours.
- The NCBS CO will interact with and supervise students interested in interning with the communications office.
General Information :
1. Appointment for the above post will be initially for a period of one year on a contract basis. The contract can be extended for a further period of one year based on the performance and review.
2. The selected candidates shall be required to join immediately. The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
3. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY THROUGH ONLINE.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, Case, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
The Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 26th October 2021.