National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) - Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research Centre is looking for an appointment of a Project Assistant for its Meetings & Workshop Office on a short-term Contract basis. The contract will be initially for a period of six  months which may be extended depending on the performance of the candidate.
The incumbent will be part of a small team that coordinates meetings and workshops for the Bangalore Life Science Cluster campus and will assist in the organising of meetings, workshops, symposia etc. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, correspondence with visitors for visits and coordination of travel, preparation of itinerary of meetings, follow up with outside agencies (as needed) for conducting programmes
Qualification & Experience:
I) Graduate from a recognized University/Institute with an aggregate of 50% marks
ii) Knowledge of typing.
(iii) Knowledge of the use of personal computers and applications - supported by certificates from government-recognized institutions.
(iv) Minimum one (1) year experience in event management and scientific meetings.
i) Good Communications and drafting skills in English and knowledge of Shorthand will be an added advantage.
ii) Candidates with experience or knowledge in obtaining necessary permissions from Government agencies for holding publicly funded meetings and making a realistic budget for an international conference ranging from 50 to 300 people would be an added advantage.
Age limit: Maximum Age: 28 years (as of 1.7.2022). Relaxation as per NCBS-TIFR rules.
No. of Post: one (1)
Remuneration: Rs. 25,000/- Consolidated pay.
Last date to apply: 26th October 2022
Selection process: The Selection process shall involve a Written Test and a Skill Test. Those shortlisted in the written test only will be called for attending the Skill Test. Those who qualify in the Written Test and Skill test will be selected as per merit.
General Information :
1. The appointment to the above posts shall be made on a contract basis initially for a period of six (6) months from the date of joining. The tenure may be extended further six (6) months depending upon the performance & requirement.
2. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for recruitment.
3. Prescribed age should not exceed 1st July 2022 for the above post.
4. Candidates applying for the above posts and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per extant TIFR rules are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.).
5. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
6. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post and must reach to Head, Administration & Finance, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 on or before 1st November 2022.
The prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_applicatio...
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. It should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Head, Administration & Finance