Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs. The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) is a Centre of TIFR, that invites online applications for the post of Scientific Officer C (Dean's Office) on a Permanent basis.
The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), a Centre of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, carries out cutting-edge fundamental research across a spectrum of topics in the biological sciences ranging from studies of biomedical importance to ecology, evolution, and biodiversity. We are looking for a Scientific Officer ‘C’ to work in the Dean's Office to organize and implement administrative tasks. The Dean's office plays an active and central role in the management of institutional activities. The role will require working in close coordination with the Deans, Director, Faculty and other staff and students who use the Deans Office. These include but are not restricted to the following:
- Collection, collating and production of reports on institutional activities as required by various governmental other agencies.
- Liaising with various government departments in respect of NCBS research activities.
- Organize and arrange meetings of Institutional Statutory Committees that regulate work on campus including the Institutional Biosafety Committee, and Institutional Human Ethics Committee, and coordinate with the Stem Cell Facility for the Institutional Stem Cell Committee and the Institutional Animal Ethics Committee.
- Keep updated records on the status of applications to the different internal and external regulatory committees in close consultation with internal stakeholders.
- Work with Deans Office staff in organizing seminars, lectures, meetings and events that are coordinated from the Dean's Office.
Qualification & Experience:
1. Master's degree in Life Science (with an aggregate of 60% marks) from a recognized university/institute in a relevant subject/discipline.
2. Three (3) years of experience in a relevant field as per the requirement of the Section/Department.
1. Experience in running day-to-day activities of a government office, autonomous institute or other office that is a focal point for a large institute or firm.
2. The ability to handle multiple lines of administrative and coordination activities in parallel. Familiarity with government rules and how such offices function is desirable.
3. Prior experience in working with multiple stakeholders to request, collect information, compile, and generate reports.
4. Prior experience with operations related to the statutory committees listed above.
5. Experience in planning and convening meetings and post-meeting follow-up.
No of position: One
Age limit:- Maximum 28 years as on 01.07.2023
Level in Pay Matrix: Level 10 (stage-1) Basic Pay: Rs. 56,100/- + allowances as per Central Government norms.
The Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 19-08-2023
1. Appointment for the above posts will be initially for a period of three years, including a probation period of one year. Continuing appointments beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After a successful review, the appointment is continued until the superannuation age, which is sixty.
2. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for the recruitment process.
3. The Selection process shall involve two-stage i.e., a Preliminary Interview/Written Test and Main Interview. The Main Interview shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the Preliminary Interview/Written Test. Any change in the recruitment process will be intimated to the candidates in advance. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
4. The posts are tenable at Bangalore but are liable to be transferred if the need arises to the Institute’s headquarters or other Centres and Field Stations.
5. If you are working in a Govt./ Semi Govt. /Public Sector undertaking and your application have not been forwarded through the proper channel, you are required to bring a No Objection Certificate from your present employer during the time of the Preliminary Interview, failing which you may not be allowed for the recruitment process.
6. Prescribed age should not exceed as of 1st July 2023 for the above posts.
7. The selected candidate for the above post will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
8. Since this position is reserved for the EWS category [UR, SC, ST, OBC] candidates need not apply. You are required to submit a recent EWS certificate issued by Govt. of India.
9. Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per the extant rules of TIFR or GoI are required to submit applications by post, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.).
10. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
11. No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the recruitment process.
12. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post must reach to Head, (A&F), National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 by 21-08-2023. The Applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope.
13. Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates as per extant rules.
14. Prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_applicatio...
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password, you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application, you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the ONLINE application.
Head, Administration & Finance