We invite applications from talented and motivated candidates to work on exciting projects related to molecular and cellular mechanisms involving host-pathogen interactions during M. tuberculosis infections in cellular and animal infection models.
- Perform hands-on laboratory work, independently or together with colleagues in BSL2 and BSL3 laboratories
- Responsible for the design, validation, documentation and troubleshooting of laboratory experiments
- Responsible for the generation of reliable and reproducible data, analysing and interpreting data using appropriate statistical methods
- Responsible for carrying out laboratory experiments including but not limited to culture, genotypic and phenotypic characterization of Mtb, infection assays such as cell culture and animal models of infections and drug testing
- Ensuring the availability of all paper and electronic records relating to experiments performed
- Preparing regular reports and summaries of the work performed
- Maintaining strict adherence to timeliness/punctuality scheduled in advance
Qualification & Experience required:
- PhD in biological sciences
- Prior experience in working with infectious agents and biological specimens in BSL-2, BSL-3
- Strong experience in culture and manipulation of M. tuberculosis
- Prior experience in infection assays in cellular and animal models of TB
- Excellent written and verbal communication is required with exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of the use of personal computers and their applications
- Prior publications in infectious disease
- Prior experience in either biochemistry and molecular biology, or assay miniaturisation/assay development including working with automated / semi-automated liquid handling platforms
Number of positions: 1
Age limit: 35 years
Duration: Initially 1 year, with the possibility of extension
Submission Deadline: June 9, 2023.
Documents required to apply:
1. CV (with the names and contact details of at least two scientific referees)
2. Cover letter explaining briefly why you are suited for this application
Steps to apply:
- Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
- Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
- Step 3: Using your ID and password, you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
- Step 4: Once you fill in the application, you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
- Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
- Step 6: All essential certificates ie proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the ONLINE application.
Head Administration & Finance