The Bangalore Life Science Cluster (BLiSC) is recruiting for a business consultant to assist in the commercialization of resources and services provided by the Animal Care and Resource Centre (ACRC) and Mouse Genome Engineering Facility (MGEF). Both are state-of-the-art facilities with major support from the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India and utilizes the expertise and experience of scientists from the National Centre for Biological Sciences and the Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (https://www.ncbs.res.in/research-facilities/acrc). Following the successful establishment of these facilities, we are now in the phase of offering the services and resources to scientists nationally and internationally to provide cutting edge technologies to advance biomedical research. Our aim is to establish an operational model that will providefinancial support to sustain and expand these activities.This initiative is underwritten by a Biotechnology Ignition Grant from BIRAC and includes funding for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who can guide the development of this sustainability model and assist in its implementation.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Define the appropriate business structure (i.e. Partnership company, Limited liability company, Private limited company)for the animal facility based at an academic institute
- Complete all the legal and administrative requirement to register the business in India
- Build the company brand including name, logo, marketing presence in various media
- Bring partnerships with other businesses/entities in the animal research field to completion with appropriate MoUs and/or contracts
- Establish a business plan to generate revenue with the goal of the business becoming self-sustaining within 1-2 years
- Market the services and capabilities of the Mouse Genome Engineering Facility (MGEF) and Animal Care and Resource Center (ACRC) nationally and internationally to generate a strong clientele base
- Oversee the administrative and financial aspects of the facility including the formulations of budgets, annual reports, and costing structures
- Interface with campus departments including the administrative section, accounts department, and purchasing department
- Negotiate and manage contracts with outsourcing vendors
- Identify new partners and opportunities that will enhance the services and utilize the infrastructure of the animal facility
- Assist with the recruitment of facility personnel
- Assist with grants and other revenue generating activities to help underwrite operational costs
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives and promote financial and environmental sustainability
- Conduct regular reviews of facility operations with a focus on customer service and satisfaction
Essential Qualifications and Experience:-
(i) MS or MBA
(ii) Entrepreneurial spirit
(iii) Excellent verbal and writing skills to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders
(iv) Basic knowledge of biomedical research and the use of animal models in this endeavor
(i) Previous experience working in a research environment and animal facility
(ii) Experience at a managerial level
Salary: As per norms
Number of position: 1
Last date for applying online: 15th August, 2021
Applications should include a one page cover letter highlighting how your previous experience and training equip you to carry out the responsibilities of this position. A resume/CV should also be uploaded with the cover letter.
The position will remain open until filled, but to ensure full consideration applications should be received by August 15, 2021.
How to apply:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password, you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application, you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the ONLINE application.
Note: Please do NOT send hard copies of applications/documents except those who apply online.