Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs. The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) a Centre of TIFR, invites online applications for the post of Scientific Officer 'D' (Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry Facility) on a short-term contract basis.
Qualification & Experience:
(1) PhD in Biotechnology/ Life Sciences from a recognized University/Institute.
2) Minimum Two (2) years of experience in managing the Bio-molecular Mass spectrometry facility in a Research Institute.
1) Hands-on experience with a proven track record in managing day-to-day operations of different MS systems, managing equipment and routine maintenance of the facility and providing training to the students and other researchers for use of MS facility for research projects. The incumbent should be able to develop new analytical methods to measure small molecules including lipids from biological material.
Pay scale: Consolidated salary of Rs. 93,000/- per month (equivalent to Pay Level 11 - Stage 1).
Age limit: - 35 years (as of 1.7.2022) including the age relaxation as per norms.
Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 3rd August 2022.
General Information :
1. The appointment to the above posts shall be made on a contract basis initially for a period of six (6) months from the date of joining. The tenure may be extended further up to One (1) year depending upon the performance & requirement.
2. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for recruitment.
3. The Selection process shall involve two-stage i.e., a Preliminary Interview and the Main Interview. The Main Interview shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the Preliminary Interview. Any change in the recruitment process will be intimated to the candidates in advance. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
4. Prescribed age should not exceed as of 1st July 2022 for the above post.
5. Candidates applying for the above posts and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per extant TIFR or GoI rules are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.). [SC, ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online].
6. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
7. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post must reach to Head, Administration & Finance, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 lastest by 3rd August 2022.
The prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_application.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Head, Administration & Finance