The Centre for Brain and Mind (CBM) is an exciting new scientific venture of the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) and the National Institute for Mental Health & Neurosciences (NIMHANS), supported by the Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies. The CBM will undertake cutting-edge research in the area of human mental illness with the goal of discovering novel and better methods for the diagnosis and clinical management of mental illness in humans.
The CBM invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Program Manager on a fixed-term basis. The position is based at NCBS and is available immediately for a period of up to five years. Appointments will be for one year and renewable annually subject to the outcome of a performance assessment. Remuneration will be based on qualifications and accomplishments, subject to institutional guidelines.
The successful candidate will be expected to help in the management, facilitation and monitoring of the activities of the CBM. The role requires the ability to work both independently and in teams, especially coordination and working between the teams at the participating institutions.
Key duties of the Program Manager will include:
- Project coordination, communication with scientists and clinicians at the participating institutions
- Organizing meetings of the scientific advisory board, steering committee and other administrative structures of CBM.
- Assisting with organizing and curating scientific meetings relevant to CBM.
- Working with administrative teams and other departments at NCBS as required for efficient management of the program, including (but not limited to):
- Monitoring project expenditure in coordination with the financial and administrative teams at NCBS.
- Managing HR matters relating to project staff hired at NCBS, working with NCBS administration as required.
- Managing procurement matters for the project at NCBS, working with NCBS administration as required.
- Facilitating regulatory matters related to the CBM.
- Coordinating with the NCBS Communications team as required for the program.
- Working across administrative teams at NCBS and other collaborating institutions as required, for example for managing seed grants and other initiatives.
- Assist with donor relations management, including organization of meetings, generation of project reports and related documentation for the program.
- Outreach to external stakeholders on behalf of the program.
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time to assist with the work of the CBM
- PhD in a scientific discipline.
- Significant prior administrative experience.
- Proven communication ability both written and oral.
- The ability to analyse, summarize and communicate information
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills.
- The initiative, enthusiasm and flexible approach to work
- A background in molecular and cell biology or neuroscience
- Prior experience working with Philanthropic donors
- Prior experience working at a Government organization
Age Limit: 45 years (Max)
Last for receipt of Online application: 6th May 2023 (Date extended)
The position is available immediately following the completion of the recruitment process
An application package, consisting of the following should be uploaded via the NCBS job portal
- Up-to-date CV
- A one-page description of why you believe you are an appropriate candidate for the role
- Names and contact details of two referees who can speak to your qualifications as relevant for this position
HOW TO APPLY :
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Head, Administration & Finance