National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) a premier research centre under the aegis of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, is looking for filling up of the following position:
Scientific Officer 'C' (Academic Office) - Reserved for Persons with Disabilities (PWD- VH/OH- loco motor disability including cerebral palsy or Person with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD)
Essential Qualification & Experience:
1) Master's degree in Life Science with 60% of marks from recognized University
2) One (1) – Two (2) of experience in an academic environment
1) Experience in a high-level administrative or managerial position
2) Interview and advise students and postdocs on career resources, academic abilities and goal setting.
3) Manage Annual Convocation. Compile Information for reports, reviews and other interested groups.
4) Organize career events, Workshops, colloquia in coordination with student and postdoc groups.
5) Development of new external partnership engagement and MoUs in conjunction with RDO. Manager annual calendar of calls with RDO.
6) Continual improvement of academic and post-doctoral structures on campus.
7) Manage alumni association affairs, Alumni ID cards and database, alumni meetings
Pay Level and Stage: Level 10 Stage 1 : Basic Pay: Rs. 56100/- + allowances as per Central Government norms.
Age limit: - 38 years (including relaxation) (as on 1.1.2021)*
No of position: 1
Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 15-07-2021
General Information :
1. Appointment for the above posts will be initially for a period of three years, including a probation period of one year. Continuing appointments beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After a successful review, the appointment is continued until the superannuation age, which is sixty.
2. The selected candidates shall be required to join immediately. The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for recruitment. The Selection process shall involve the Written test and Interview. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
3. The post is tenable at Bangalore, but are liable to be transferred if the need arises to the Institute’s headquarters or other Centres and Field Stations.
4. Those working in Govt./Semi Govt./Public Sector Undertaking should apply Through Proper Channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through proper channels, if called, will be able to participate in the recruitment process only upon submission of a NOC from the competent authority. However, an advance copy of the application along with relevant enclosures may be submitted by post. Such applicants are not required to apply online. Only those called for an interview will be informed of the results, and no interim correspondence of any kind will be entertained.
5. Prescribed age should not exceed, as on 1st January 2021, for the above posts. In most deserving cases the age shall be relaxed for candidates having more relevant experience in the field at the discretion of the Institute.
6. Selected candidates for the above posts will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
7. *Candidates applying for the above posts and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per TIFR or GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.). [SC, ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online].
8. Candidates applying for the post reserved for PWD/ PwBD should be suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability for the benefit of reservations. Candidates will have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format. PWD/PwBD candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC will be given further relaxation as per Government of India norms.
9. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
10. Outstation candidates called for Interview will be paid a single Second Class return train fare (including Tatkal charges if any) for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence to the place of interview on the production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets. If you travel by air, your air-fare will be restricted to the train fare (as per traveling allowance applicable to you) on the production of tickets and boarding passes. Please note, for the Online interview, TA will not be applicable.
11. A higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates.
12. Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he fulfills the eligibility and other criteria. Recruitment authorities would be free to reject applications not fulfilling the requisite criteria at any stage of recruitment and if erroneously appointed, such candidates will be liable to be terminated from service after appointment.
13. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY Online, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post must reach to Head, Establishment, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 by 15th July 2021. The Applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope.
14. Those who applied online, need not send their hard copies of the application.
Prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_application.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password, you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application, you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the ONLINE application.