The Bangalore Life Sciences Cluster (BLiSc) comprising the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), and Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP) is a premier research and innovation centre. We are looking to appoint a Science Communication and Outreach Manager on a contract basis. Selected candidates shall be offered a consolidated pay.
The Communications Office represents all three entities of the Bangalore Life Sciences Cluster) NCBS, inStem, and C-CAMP) and is responsible for the creation, curation, coverage, and reportage of campus events, news, and research communication. The Office also manages the Cluster’s digital assets, social media accounts, and oversees the planning, strategy, and production of all outreach programs and collateral material representing the Cluster.
Tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinate off-campus and on-campus outreach events: publicity collateral, online strategy, logistics, event planning and execution.
- Organise, plan, drive, and documenton-campus events such as conferences, workshops, visits and talks with photos, videos, and text.
- Coordinate campus visits for school & college groups, as also devising other school outreach initiatives and public awareness drives
- Press relations, and publicity drives for on-campus research and events.
- Maintainand update news stories, and events on BLiSC website.
- Post news and updates on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube.
- Assist in creation of BLiSC collateral: annual reports, brochures, brand films, photoshoots, posters, etc.
- Create news stories, press releases, videos, or teaser blurbs based on research done at the Cluster to be posted on the NCBS News site.
- Back-end tasks: website updates, event calendars, and mailing lists.
We expect the Science Communication and Outreach Manager to bring creativity to the task of showcasing the kind of science we do. This job gives you the opportunity to work in a vibrant science environment, to attend talks and speak to scientists about their work, and keep abreast of the latest developments in interdisciplinary biology. If this sounds like the kind of environment you’d like to be in, do apply.
Essential Qualification: MSc or above. Candidates should have a background in science or engineering at the MSc level or PhD level and should be specialised in any branch of science or engineering, strong experience in science communication and science outreach via social media.
Experience: Candidate should have at least 1 year of experience in science communication, or science journalism, ideally in the form of published articles. Experience managing social media and outreach is a plus.
Consolidated salary: 50,000/- pm.
The Last date for receipt of online applications: 25th June, 2019.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should click on Apply button available on the open position tab.
Step 2: Enter your full name and valid email address
Step 3: You will receive an email with link which proceed for next step
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SUBMIT the application.
Step 5: Take a Print out of the application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly Signed to the Head, Establishment, NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with self attested copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience etc. latest by 25th June, 2019.