National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) a premier research Centre under the aegis of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, is looking for filling up of the following position:
Essential Qualification & Experience:
1) Ph.D. in Biotechnology/ Life Sciences from a recognized University/Institute
2) Minimum Two (2) years’ experience in managing the Bio-molecular Mass spectrometry facility in a Research Institute.
1) Hands-on experience with a proven track record in managing day to day operations of different MS systems, managing equipment and routine maintenance of the facility and to provide training to the students and other researchers for use of MS facility for research projects. The incumbent should be able to develop new analytical methods to measure small molecules including lipids from biological material.
Pay Level and Stage: Level 11 Stage 1: Basic Pay: Rs. 67700/- + allowances as per Central Government norms.
Age limit: - Maximum 35 years (as on 1.7.2020)
General Information :
1. Appointment for the above posts will be initially for a period of three years, including a probation period of one year. Continuing appointments beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After a successful review, the appointment is continued until the superannuation age, which is sixty.
2. The selected candidates shall be required to join immediately. The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for recruitment. The Selection process shall involve the Written Test and Interview. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
3. The posts are tenable at Bangalore but are liable to be transferred if the need arises to the Institute’s headquarters or other Centres and Field Stations.
4. Those working in Govt./Semi Govt./Public Sector Undertaking should apply Through Proper Channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called, will be able to participate in the recruitment process only upon submission of a NOC from the competent authority. However, an advance copy of the application along with relevant enclosures may be submitted by post. Such applicants are not required to apply online Only those called for interview will be informed of the results and no interim correspondence of any kind will be entertained.
5. Prescribed age should not exceed as on July 01, 2020 for the above posts.
6. Selected candidates for the above posts will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
7. Post/s for general category (Unreserved) – SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS candidates can also apply.
8. Candidates applying for the above posts and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per TIFR or GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.). [SC, ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online].
9. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
10. Outstation candidates called for Written Test and Interview will be paid single Second Class return train fare (including Tatkal charges if any) for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence to the place of interview on the production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets. If you travel by air, your air-fare will be restricted to the train fare (as per traveling allowance applicable to you) on the production of tickets and boarding passes.
11. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post must reach to Head, Establishment, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 by 31st July, 2020. The Applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope.
12. Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates.
Prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_application.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, Case, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the ONLINE application.
Note: Please do NOT send hard copies of applications/documents
The Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 31.7.2020.