Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs. The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) is a Centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research and is looking for an appointment for the following position on a permanent basis.
1) ACCOUNTS OFFICER 'C' - 1 POST – Reserved for Scheduled Caste [SC] category.
Overseeing the finance and accounting functions right from journal entry to finalization of Balance sheet/Income and Expenditure/Profit and Loss accounts/Receipts and Payments account.
Preparing budget estimates, projections, revisions, and budget allocation. reviewing monthly expenditure statements, fund commitments, and monitoring utilisation.
Verifying bills, accounting documents, salary disbursement, statutory compliance & tax regulations.
Submission of Utilization certificates to Government/Non-Government/Foreign institutions i.r.o. Extra Mural Grants.
Managing internal audit, statutory audits preparation & presentation of financial reports for the statutory auditors.
Maintenance and submission of Management Information System [MIS] reports
Any other task assigned by Management.
Qualification & Experience:
Post Graduate from a recognised University/Institute with an aggregate of 55% marks in Commerce with Advanced Accountancy/ Auditing / Taxation as one of the subjects. OR
Graduate in Commerce/B.Com from recognised University/Institute with an aggregate of 60% marks with inter-CA or CMA
Proficiency in the use of personal computers and applications.
6 years experience in Level 7 and /or Level 8 or with equivalent TME (total monthly emoluments) OR
5 years experience in Level 6 and /or Level 7 and /or Level 8 or with equivalent TME (total monthly emoluments) with Diploma in Finance and Accounts.
Work experience in dealing with accounts matters. Knowledge of Government of India rules & procedures relating to Finance, Accounts, and Procurement in a medium or larger organization, preferably in a similar academic/research institution.
Experience in finalization of Utilization Certificates to Government/Non-Government/Foreign institutions.
Handling audits [Comptroller and Auditor General of India & Other Government audits]
Knowledge of PFMS, Expenditure-Advance-Transfer [EAT] modules and handling Treasury Single Account.
Knowledge of statutory compliances [Income tax, GST], Work contracts, Civil contracts and Accounts bills.
Knowledge of The Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Amendment [FCRA], Foreign Exchange Management Act [FEMA]/Outward and Inward remittance.
Proficient in MS office applications [MS excel, MS word etc] and in accounting software.
Level in Pay Matrix: Level 10 (stage-1) Basic Pay: 56,100/- + allowances as per Central Government norms.
No. of position: One
Age limit: Maximum 45 years as of 1.7.2022 (including relaxation).
Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 15th October 2022
General Information :
1. Since this post is reserved for Scheduled Caste [SC] category, candidates other than the SC category need not apply.
2. The appointment to the above posts shall be made with probation of one (1) year from the date of joining. After the closure of the probationary period, a continuing appointment shall be given subject to a review of performance.
3. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for the recruitment process.
4. The Selection process shall involve two-stage i.e., a Written Test/Preliminary Interview and the Main Interview. The Main Interview shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the Written Test/Preliminary Interview. Any change in the recruitment process will be updated only in the NCBS job portal from time to time. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
5. The posts are tenable at Bangalore but are liable to be transferred if the need arises to the Institute’s headquarters or other Centres and Field Stations.
6. If you are working in a Govt./ Semi Govt. /Public Sector undertaking and your application have not been forwarded through the proper channel, you are required to bring a No Objection Certificate from your present employer during the time of the Preliminary Interview, failing which you may not be allowed for the recruitment process.
7. Prescribed age should not exceed as of 1st July 2022 for the above posts.
8. The selected candidate for the above post will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
9. Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per the extant rules of TIFR or GoI are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.).
10. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
11. No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the recruitment process.
12. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post must reach to Head, (A&F), National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 by 17th October 2022. The Applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope.
13. Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates as per extant rules.
The prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_application.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Head, Administration & Finance