Position: Research Associate Number of Positions: 2
Grant: Dengue Capacity Building/Public Policy Budget Head, NCBS (Managed by Prof Smita Srinivas)
Dr. Smita Srinivas &
Dr. Ramakrishna Prasad
We seek early - mid career researchers with a Masters or doctoral degree (MA/MSc/MPH/PhD) in economics/public policy/public health with strong methods/analytical, (quantitative and qualitative preferred), writing and communication skills with the ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary team. The candidate must have a strong work ethic who can function with a high level of accountability and ability to deliver on complex tasks in a timely manner.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
1. Serve as a core member of the team in setting-up and running the grant's public policy research and operations in India and East Africa.
2. To contribute to study design, literature review, data collection, data analysis, data synthesis, writing, editing, publishing, other communication/presentation, and other aspects of implementation of the project. Experience with scholarly/journal publishing in policy areas is an advantage.
3. To actively participate in, present at, and organize seminars and progress meetings.
4. Take the lead in drafting research and other project reports.
5. Play an active role in writing new proposals.
Duration of appointment: 1 year.
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Not exceeding Rs. 50,000/month.
The Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: Feb 12, 2020.
The candidate is expected to join full time by Feb 15, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY :
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website (https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/) using valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”
Step 6: Take a Print out of the submitted application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly signed, to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065 along with copies of certificates regarding educational qualifications, experience etc. The last date for receiving the application is Feb 12, 2020.