IndiaBioscience is a program based out of the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore that aims to catalyse the growth of biology within India, and to this end we work with academics, government, industry and the not-for-profit sector. The program is supported by government (Department of Biotechnology (DBT)) and non government funding.
Major activities at IndiaBioscience include running the IndiaBioscience website through the science and education communication programs, continually updating with latest news and opinions on life sciences scenario in India, building a database of people and organizations, organizing Young Investigators' Meetings (YIMs) and Regional Young Investigators' Meetings, networking meetings with Indian or International organizations, workshops on skill building, gender parity, promoting Indian life science in various platforms all over the world, etc.
IndiaBioscience consists of a small yet diverse and efficient team that works in a very cohesive manner to create informed impact. Creativity, independence and teamwork are highly valued attributes of all team members. As part of the IndiaBioscience team, the appointed person will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues, as well as with the research community across India and abroad, while developing and expanding the career.
Operating independently, under the broad guidance of the Executive Director, the Program Manager for Science Communication will drive the science popularization, communication and outreach efforts for IndiaBioscience.
The IndiaBioscience website is a one-stop online portal for showcasing research in the Life Sciences in India. It has also been a nodal point for collecting, creating and communicating resources for funding, mentoring, networking and careers in science and much more. The Program Manager - Science Communication must develop the existing communication activities and work to intensify their impact. IndiaBioscience operates largely through a web presence and a key part of this job profile includes promoting and increasing the growth of the overall network across India and abroad, both through the website and other means.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Program Manager, Science Communication will be responsible to source, develop and maintain website content of a high quality, with a focus on news articles, columns and resources
- Program Manager, Science Communication will be responsible for all the external communications with the community, as appropriate
- Program Manager, Science Communication will use a wide range of social media communication platforms for outreach and networking
- Program Manager, Science Communication will work independently or in partnership with external agency to create high quality publications as required or needed
- Program Manager, Science Communication will be responsible to develop relevant surveys and recommendations
- Program Manager, Science Communication will work with the team to organise and conduct outreach activities related to communication and science promotion: science communication and grant writing workshops for students and researchers, Wikipedia Edit-a-thons and more as required
- Program Manager, Science Communication will create, maintain and actively engage—online and offline—with networks of writers, scientists, educators, researchers, students and experts as pertinent to specific projects or for the overall activities of IndiaBioscience
- Program Manager, Science Communication will actively participate in all IndiaBioscience activities, and be involved in improvement initiatives
PhD degree in sciences or Master's Degree in Engineering and Technology/ Science from a recognised University or equivalent.
Experience in science communication (both oral and written), writing and editing will be preferred, with an added ability to navigate different social media platforms. The role requires the person to be flexible with extraordinary ability to work in a team setting. Experience in project management is advantageous. Personal characteristics: Adaptability, flexibility, effective communication skills, creativity/innovation, ability to foster teamwork, good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
Personal characteristics: Adaptability, flexibility, effective communication skills, creativity/innovation, ability to foster teamwork, good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
Age Limit: 35 years as of 1st January 2022
Salary: As per organization norms and merits of the candidate
Last date for the receipt of applications: 12th July 2022
Documents required to apply:
Please submit the following documents while applying:
CV and sample of the previous writings and resources created [combine and upload in one PDF file]
A strong statement of interests stating how they align with ours and why you will fit this position (~400 words) [upload under experience tab in PDF file]. At this point, we require no recommendation letters.
Note: Terms and conditions are under the discretion of the component authority.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, experience Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Note: Please do NOT send the hard copies of applications/documents