Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs. The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) is a Centre of TIFR, and invites online applications for the post of Technical Assistant (Civil) - Reserved for the OBC category on a short-term contract basis.
Qualification & Experience:
1) Full-Time Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute with an aggregate of 60% marks.
2) Knowledge of the use of personal computers and their applications.
3) Two (2) years of experience in maintenance of civil works, construction work, preparation of drawing in Autocad, and maintenance of landscape and Sewage Treatment Plant.
1) Knowledge of CPWD rules and regulations and relevant IS Codes.
2) Experience in the construction and maintenance of large-scale institutional buildings is preferred.
Age limit: - 31 years (as of 1st January 2022) including the age relaxation as per norms.
Pay scale: Consolidated salary of Rs. 48,500/- per month (equivalent to Pay Level 6 - Stage 1)
Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 4th July 2022
General Information :
1. The appointment to the above posts shall be made on a contract basis initially for a period of six (6) months from the date of joining. The tenure may be extended further up to One (1) year depending upon the performance & requirement.
2. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for recruitment. The Selection process shall involve the Written Test/Skill Test. The Skill Test shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the Written Test. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
3. Prescribed age should not exceed as of 1st January 2022 for the above post.
4. Candidates applying for the above posts and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per extant TIFR rules are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.).
5. Since this position is reserved for the OBC category. Applicants should submit the recent OBC (non-creamy layer certificate) as per the format https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/format/OBC_Format.pdf
6. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
7. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post must reach to Head, Administration & Finance, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 lastest by 4th July 2022.
The prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_application.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Head, Administration & Finance