The National Center for Biological Sciences & Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine Bangalore Bio-Cluster Mouse Genome Engineering Facility is looking for Senior Animal Facility Caretakers on contractual terms under the National Mouse Research Resource (NaMoR) project team.
Bachelor degree in any biological science discipline.
candidates with prior experience in handling laboratory mice and rats.
Experience in basic molecular biology skills like genotyping by PCR method.
- Providing basic animal care
- Feeding and watering oflaboratory animals
- Handle and restraining animals as per SOPs
- Maintain sanitation and animal care equipment of facility
- Clean, sanitize and sterilize cages, racks, equipment, supplies or animal care rooms
- Assist higher-level animal care personnel in more advanced duties
- Provide elementary assistance to facility users in simple technical procedures and record keeping
- Assist in receiving, storing and rotating feed, bedding and other animal care supplies and equipment
- Perform Animal Facility related duties as assigned by animal facility management.
- Assist Facility Staff and Facility Users in their routine colony management and genotyping of mouse &rat stocks.
Age limit: - Below 28 years as on 1-07-2018.
Payscale: As per institute norms
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates MUST send an updated CV/Resume & one page COVER LETTER written by the candidate describing your background and the reason for applying to this position.
Interested candidates may send their updated CV + COVER LETTER to:
email@example.com on or before January 11, 2019.