Applications are open for the position of the facility assistant of the HCS facility at C-CAMP/NCBS/inStem, Bangalore.
The HCS Research Core Facility provides infrastructure and expertise for assay development, assay miniaturization, chemical and genetic screening (phenotypic cell based as well as target based screens). This includes expertise in cell culture, robotics platform, chemical and genetic libraries, high content imaging and data analysis. The facility develops and adapts various screening related methods to provide cutting-edge solutions for individual research projects.
The successful candidate will:
- work full time in the the NCBS /inStem /CCAMP Screening Core Facility
- be familiar in working with cell culture and transfection techniques
- work under the facility head in supporting campus academic researchers with state-of-the-art assay development and screening solutions
- assist the facility head in developing and implementing new techniques to keep the performance of the unit at the highest possible level
- Work closely with end users for miniaturising assays for screening platforms as well as provide other automation solution using the available robotics
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the High throughput/High Content Screening core facility, including the cell culture lab, automated microscopes and robotics platform under the supervision of the facility head.
- Assist in training programs for students and trainees to learn hands-on assay development, miniaturisation, screening and analysis
- Perform routine QA/QC procedures on instruments and routine assays
- Ensure routine maintenance on instrumentation and servers
- Present work at internal and external meetings
Qualifications and Expereince:
- Masters in Science, or 4 year Bachelor in Technology / Science degree
- Prior experience in working in a research environment, prior experience in handling and manipulation of cell culture
- prior experience with assay development, assay miniaturization and automation is desirable
- Experience using statistical packages, image analysis software, data visualization and coding skills is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills and an ability to engage with campus scientists, understand their scientific needs and assist in automation and screening solutions
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects at a time
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness, and willingness to work within the mandates of the institutes.
- Strong team spirit and work ethic.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and skills, in line with institutional norms.
Last Date to Apply: 17th October, 2018
HOW TO APPLY : Interested candidates may send in the following information by email to email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter and statement of purpose on what they want to apply for this position.
- Specify "HTS Facility Assistant Position" in the subject line of your email
Administrative Officer (Estt.)