National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) - Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research Centre is looking for appointment of a Program Manager - Science Communication on contract basis. Selected candidates shall be offered a consolidated pay based on their qualification and experience.
Operating under the broad guidance of the Executive Director and the Advisory Board, the Program Manager for Science Communication will drive the science popularisation, communication and outreach efforts for IndiaBioscience. The IndiaBioscience website is a one-stop online portal for showcasing research in the Life Sciences in India. It has also been a nodal point for collecting and communicating resources for funding, mentoring, networking and careers in science. The Program Manager must develop the existing communication activities and work to intensify their impact. IndiaBioscience operates largely through a web presence and a key part of this job profile includes promoting and increasing the growth of the overall network across India and abroad, both through the website and other means.
- Source, create and maintain website content of a high quality, with a focus on news articles and columns
- Use a wide range of social media communication platforms for outreach and networking
- Develop and maintain media resources on the website and across platforms
- Work with the team to organise and conduct outreach activities related to communication and science promotion: science communication and grant writing workshops for students and researchers, Wikipedia Edit-a-thons and more
- Create, maintain and actively engage—online and offline—with networks of writers, scientists, educators, researchers, students and experts as pertinent to specific projects or for the overall activities of IndiaBioscience
- Further develop the community of organisations listed with IndiaBioscience across India, and encourage engagement by these parties on our website
- Actively participate in all IndiaBioscience activities, and be involved in improvement initiatives
Essential Qualification and Expereince:
- Required: Master’s degree
- Preferred: Degree in a science or communication-related discipline
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an outreach, communication or education role.
- Experience with conceptualizing, launching or promoting initiatives, campaigns or activities using websites and other means of promotion.
- Experience with social media communication platforms and cloud based sharing systems.
- Ability to establish growing networks and communities with specific respect to programs and promotion of activities.
- Ability as an effective communicator, with demonstrated accomplishment and skill in oral and written non-technical communication.
- Ability to work in a lateral (flatter) management structure, with virtual teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and accomplish goals in team settings.
Salary will not be a constraint for the right candidate with experience and qualifications.
The Last date for receipt of online applications: 22nd February, 2018
An application package consisting of the following information should be sent via Hard Copies by a deadline of February 22, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY :
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website (https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal) using valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive an user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT” .
Step 6: Take a Print out of the application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly Signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate etc.
In addition, the application package to be sent via hard copy should consist of the following.
- Up-to-date CV with names and contact details of two referees
- A two-page description of why you believe you are an appropriate candidate for the role
- Provide links to a sample of popular material (not scientific publications) in the resume or attach these as PDF files.