National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) - Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research Centre is looking for appointment of Associate Director - Education/Communication - India Bioscience on Contractual terms. The appointment will be initially for a period of One (1) year which may be extended upto maximum of three years depending on the performance of the candidates.
IndiaBioscience is a program based out of NCBS, Bangalore that aims to catalyse the growth of biology within India, and to this end we work with academics, government, industry and the not-for-profit sector. We are a small yet diverse and efficient team that works in a non-hierarchical manner to create informed impact. Creativity and independence are highly valued attributes of all team members. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues, as well as with scientists across India while developing and expanding your career.
Operating under the broad guidance of the Executive Director, and the Advisory Board, this position will spend approximately 60-65% of time managing activities of IndiaBioscience, administering funds and raising funds through proposals. The Associate Director will be also responsible for supporting the development and execution of activities and projects in collaboration with all team members. This position will also spend approximately 35-40% of time managing education and science communication activities, administering funds and raising funds through proposals for targeted activities within these domains. She/he will also be responsible to intensify the efforts to develop the existing communication activities. IndiaBioscience operates largely through a web presence and a key part of this job profile includes promoting and increasing the growth of the overall network across India and abroad, both through the website and other means.
- Independently manage projects, irrespective of phase, and processes and procedures.
- Work with colleagues both within IndiaBioscience and outside to develop project milestones and deliverables
- Create, maintain and actively engage with networks of scientists, educators and researchers as pertinent to specific projects or for the overall activities of IndiaBioscience.
- Further develop the community of organisations listed with IndiaBioscience across India, and encourage engagement by these parties on our website.
- Prepare parts of the reports that summarise key progress and issues on education and communication programs for and presentations to the Board as well as external partners.
- Actively participate in all IndiaBioscience activities, and be involved in improvement initiatives.
- Work with accounts and purchase departments to ensure compliance according to the conditions laid down by the corresponding granting agencies.
- Work closely with the team and external partner agencies in conceiving, organising, fundraising and executing meetings and workshops as required to promote the mandate of IndiaBioscience across themes and disciplines.
Essential Qualification and Experience:
- Ph.D degree in science, education or communication-related discipline
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an outreach, communication or education role.
- Experience with conceptualizing, launching or promoting initiatives, campaigns or activities using websites and other means of promotion.
- Experience with social media communication platforms and cloud based sharing systems.
- Ability to establish growing networks and communities with respect to programs and promotion of activities.
- Ability as an effective communicator, with demonstrated accomplishment and skill in oral and written non-technical communication.
- Ability to work in a lateral (flatter) management structure, with virtual teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and accomplish goals in team settings.
- Demonstrated leadership.
Personal characteristics: adaptability, ability to build relationships, effective communication skills, creativity/innovation, ability to foster teamwork.
Please attach a cover letter and resume. Make sure you include a strong statement of your interests, how they align with ours and why you will fit this position. At this point we require no recommendation letters.
An application package consisting of the following information should be sent via Hard Copies by a deadline of February 22, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY :
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website (https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal) using valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive an user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT” .
Step 6: Take a Print out of the application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly Signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate etc.