The Bangalore Life Science Cluster, an innovative institutional model for cutting-edge scientific research and technology development in India, invites applications from suitable individuals for the position of Program Manager (Stem Cell Program).
The Bangalore Life Science Cluster comprises of NCBS (www.ncbs.res.in), a premier centre for research and teaching in frontier areas of biology, inStem (http://instem.res.in/), an institute with a research focus on the broad area of stem cell and regenerative and CCAMP (http://www.ccamp.res.in/), created for enabling research and entrepreneurship at the Cluster and beyond. It is envisioned that synergistic associations at the Cluster will have a far greater impact on life sciences research than the sum of individual contributions from each member institution.
The Program Manager (Stem Cell Programs) will be will be recruited to administer a multi-institutional program research program in Stem Cell Biology, ASHD.
ASHD, or Accelerating the application of Stem cell technology in Human Disease is an exciting new collaborative and interdisciplinary program which is expected to provide a strong stimulus to research in stem cell biology in India, while building enduring research links between NCBS, inStem and partner institutions NIMHANS and CMC Vellore. Key focus areas for this integrated program will be on the use of stem cells in research, diagnostics and therapeutics and the creation of a pool of Indian scientists who can work on stem cell technology.
The activities of the incumbent will help in the management, monitoring and promotion of the activities of the ASHD program. The role will require coordination between the teams at all participating institutions. The Program Manager will be based at the Research Development Office at NCBS, with some travel between the participating institutes.
Key duties of the Program Manager (Stem Cell programs) will include:
- Project co-ordination, communicating with scientists and clinicians at the participating institutions
- Working across with the administrative teams at NCBS and other collaborating institutions as needed
- Monitoring expenditure on the grant funding the program, in coordination with the administrative teams
- Organizing meetings for the management board, steering committee, executive committee etc
- Interacting with government departments and external agencies on behalf of the program as needed
- Helping with project reporting and collation of report materials from the investigators
- Facilitating regulatory matters
- Outreach to the agencies funding the program
- Working across with colleagues at the RDO and the Cluster as needed
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time
Applicants to the role should have:
- Ph.D in Life Sciences or a clinical qualification
- Significant prior administrative experience
- Proven communication skills
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to work
- The ability to analyze, summarize and communicate information
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Additional relevant experience (desirable):
- Prior experience working with Government departments
- A background in stem cell biology, molecular and cell biology
Closing date: 22nd February, 2018 (ONLY CANDIDATES SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED).
Contract duration: Three year contract with an initial one year probation period.
An application package, consisting of the following should be uploaded via the NCBS job portal and an application package consisting of the following information should be sent via Hard Copies by a deadline of February 22, 2018.
- Up-to-date CV with names and contact details of two referees
- A one-page description of why you believe you are an appropriate candidate for the role
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive an user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT” .
Step 6: Take a Print out of the application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly Signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate etc.
Administrative Officer - Establishment.