National Centre National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) - Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) Bengaluru INDIA, is looking for appointment of BIOSAFETY FACILITY ASSISTANT on contractual terms. Responsible for managing BSL-3 facility and co-ordinating activity of other BSL-2 labs in campus.
- Manage daily operations of BSL-3 facility
- Liase with multiple departments such as AHU, Lab support, central kitchen, architect team to ensure smooth functioning of BSL3
- Procure and maintain inventory of consumables in the BSL-3 facility.
- Develop and conduct regular training programs for end users in the BSL3 and BSL2 labs in consultation with the Faculty advisory committee
- Prepare SOPs for biosafety labs daily operations, waste disposal and ensure user compliance
- Assist the biosafety facilities in obtaining certification from national or international agencies that monitor/certify biosafety level 2 and 3 facilities
- In collaboration with facility staff and users and biosafety facility committee, draft and update policies for various activities in the Biosafety laboratory
- Ensure that all Biosafety facilities are running as per internationally accepted standard and guidelines
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure that laboratory standards are rigorously followed
- Developing emergency plans for handling accidental spills and personnel contamination
Essential Qualification & Experience:
- Graduate or above with specialization in Biological sciences
- Knowledge in use of personal computers and its applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication required with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work as a liason between users, facility managers and different engineering departments
- Basic understanding of operations of Biosafety labs
- Prior experience in working in biosafety lab, BSL-III experience highly desirable
- Possesses an excellent understanding of biosafety principles, lab safety programs and key processes such as risk assessment, inspections, audits and investigations
- Ability to independently assess biosafety risks and programs and sensitively communicate/collaborate with line management on appropriate risk measures
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated/self-starter with ability to multi-task and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Responsive, customer service attitude
Consolidated Salary: As per institute norms.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website ( https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/user/register ) using valid email ID ( you must fill personal details and educational details to register the account ).
Step 2: You will receive an email with one time user activation link to your registered email ID.
Step 3: Click on that activation link to set your password, and then login to our website ( https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/user ) using your username and password.
Step 4: Once you logged in you can apply for job by clicking on "Apply" button in Open Position page.
Step 5: Once you fill in the application you can submit the application by clicking on "Submit" button. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you submit the application.
Step 6: Once you apply for job successfully, your application form will be available in Applied Job page. (Download Application form using Mozilla Firefox version 38.0 or higher.)
Step 7:Take a Print out of the application form in Applied Job page by clicking “Download” and send the same duly signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of required additional information, Certificates regarding Date of birth, Educational qualifications, Experience certificate etc.
The Last date for receipt of applications: 15th September 2017.