The Bangalore Life Science Cluster, an innovative institutional model for cutting-edge scientific research and technology development in India, invites applications from suitable individuals for the position of Communications Office Manager.
The Bangalore Life Science Cluster comprises of NCBS (www.ncbs.res.in), a premier centre for research and teaching in frontier areas of biology, inStem (http://instem.res.in/), an institute with a research focus on the broad area of stem cell and regenerative and CCAMP (http://www.ccamp.res.in/), created for enabling research and entrepreneurship at the Biocluster and beyond. It is envisioned that synergistic associations at the Biocluster will have a far greater impact on life sciences research than the sum of individual contributions from each member institution.
The Communications Office at the Cluster is a central office for communicating the scope and excitement of campus research to external organisations and individuals. Activities of the Communications Office encompass institutional brand matters, external liaison, production of print publicity material such as annual reports, schools outreach, open days, news, social media and press engagements.
The Communications Office Manager will work with Cluster colleagues to develop a comprehensive communications strategy for the Cluster, tailored to the needs of key stakeholders and to implement it with a small team of staff. The activities of the Communications Office Manager will help to create a stable and responsive operations that serves to raise the profile of research conducted at the Cluster both within the Indian and international scientific communities.
Key duties of the Communications Office Manager will include:
- Ecosystem analysis to understand the Communications requirements of the Cluster
- Drafting of a Communications strategy document for the Cluster
- Creation of a comprehensive communications portfolio for the Cluster
- Putting together a suitably structured team of professionals for implementing communications activities at the Cluster
- Working across with colleagues in other departments to monitor communications inputs
- Ensuring that work from the Communications office is responsive to the needs of other departments
- Working to sustain the campus brand
- Managing team operations to ensure that stakeholder expectations are met
Applicants to the role should have (ESSENTIAL):
- At least five years of experience in a Communications role
- Experience of managing a team
- Broad based communications experience in areas such as print publicity, websites, news and social media, press relations and event management
- Adaptability and readiness to execute under short deadlines
- Previous experience of working on communications budget matters
- The ability to analyze, summarize and communicate information
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Creative thinking, comfortable pushing the boundaries of standard industry practices
- Trained at least to the Masters level
Additional relevant experience could include (DESIRABLE):
- Previous professional experience of working in the area of science communication
- Previous experience in an academic setting
Closing date: 20th July, 2017 (Only candidates shortlisted for interview will receive a response)
An application package consisting of the following information should be sent via the NCBS job portal by a deadline of 20th July, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Up-to-date CV with names and contact details of two referees
- A one-page description of why you believe you are an appropriate candidate for the role, highlighting your previous relevant experience in this regard
- A one-page description of who the external stakeholders for the Bangalore Life Science Cluster are and what their expectations of the Cluster would be
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive an user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT” .
Step 6: Take a Print out of the application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly Signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate etc.
Administrative Officer (Estt)